Welcome to New Haven Intermediate School
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT~AUGUST 9TH FROM 5:30-7:00 PM.
The New Haven Intermediate School staff prides ourselves as a community focused school. Our mission is to create a safe and productive learning environment where teachers can teach and students can learn.
· 2013 National Blue Ribbon School
· Data driven instruction that focuses on intervention and enrichment.
· A multi-year Indiana Department of Education Family Friendly School
· 2018/19 & 2019/20 Project Lead the Way (STEM Program) Distinguished School
· 3rd, 4th, 5th Career Education programs through Junior Achievement
· Positive Behavior Intervention Supports school (PBIS) that focuses on citizenship and incentives to teach the NHI core values of respect, responsibility, and engagement on a daily basis.
· Comprehensive guidance program that includes character development, small skill groups, one-on-one conferences, and whole class lessons focusing on Social Emotional Learning.
· Community service to Riley Children’s Hospital, Kate’s Cart, Community Harvest Food Bank, Jump rope/Hula Hoop for Heart, Pennies for Patients, and the New Haven Foodbank.
· New Haven was the 1st EACS elementary to start 6th Volleyball & Basketball and hope to expand to 5th grade next year. We host Girls on the Run, Art Club, Intramurals, Technology Club, Robotics Club, Lego Club and our PTO helps us host several other family friendly events.
We are excited for the new building to be a centerpiece of the community. NHI students and staff are proud to be Bulldogs!